From Jeremy Vohwinkle, former About.com Guide
Investing puts your money to work so that you don't have to. Through the power of compound interest and capital gains, you can invest your money so that it can grow and help you fund your future goals.
Saving for Retirement
For many people, saving for retirement is one of their most important goals. In retirement, you typically need to rely on drawing from the assets that you have accumulated during your working years, so it is easy to see why it can be beneficial to accumulate as much for retirement as possible.
- Retirement Planning 101
- Six Retirement Planning Mistakes to Avoid
- All About 401(k) Plans
- Traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- The Roth IRA for Tax-Free Retirement Savings
- Determining Which IRA is Right for You
- Finding a Lost Pension
Buying a Home
Owning a home can be one of the cornerstones for building long-term wealth. While real estate doesn't always increase in value, you can build equity in your home and receive tax breaks over time which can lead to significant gains in the future.
- Determine How Much Home You Can Afford
- Saving for a Down Payment on a House
- The Fees Involved in Buying a House